Smokers have a very high risk of developing cancers and chronic illnesses
A combination of smoke coming out of smoker’s mouth and the smoke given off by the burning of cigarette.
Once you stop smoking, your body starts to repair itself.
- Reduce the risk of getting serious smoking-related diseases such as heart disease, cancers, lung disease and peripheral vascular disease.
- Decreases the risk of many diseases related to second-hand smoke in children, such as asthma.
- You will save well over HK$20,000 a year if you smoke 1 pack a day. Over HK$200,000 in 10 years
- Your breath is fresh all the time
- Your clothes, hair and your home will smell better
- Your taste buds will feel much better
United Christian Nethersole Community Health Service (UCNCHS)
(Smoking Cessation Programme for Ethnic Minorities and New Immigrants)
Tung Wah Group of Hospitals, Integrated centre on smoking Cessation
Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office, Department of Health
Smoking cessation talks
The Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office organizes smoking cessation health talk to explain:
- Harmful effects of smoking and secondhand smoke
- Reasons for quitting smoking
- Benefits of quitting smoking
- Encourage smokers to quit smoking
* Information on methods of quitting smoking, medications and smoking cessation clinic services will be provided