Self-monitoring: Home blood pressure monitoring
- Buy blood pressure machine (monitor)
- Use automated monitor, costs around HKD400 or above
- Use upper arm monitor (Wrist monitors are not accurate)
- If you are unsure which one to buy, ask your doctor or nurse for advice
- Keep a diary of your blood pressure readings
How to use blood pressure monitor?
Sit straight with your back supported. Your feet should be flat on the floor and arm well supported on the table.
3.Measure at the same time of the day
4.Take multiple readings
Take at least 3 readings, wait for 1 minute between two takings
5.Do not drink caffeinated drinks or exercise 30 minutes before checking BP